Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Characters of Norman Rockwell



It's a rainy day here in DC. Perfect for curling up on the couch and watching old movies or hitting up one of the free museums here in DC. The other day my younger brother and I headed over to see George Lucas' and Steven Spielberg's collection of Norman Rockwell's paintings at the Smithsonian American Museum of Art. His paintings always tell a story and each person is a fully developed character (just like in the movies!) Here are some of my favorites.



The Flirts. I love this one! The man is pulling off petals of a daisy!



Some critics said that Rockwell was too old fashioned with his subject matter. Many believe this was a self portrait of him looking at more radical work of the time.



Upon seeing this one my brother says, "I've been there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment