Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mount Pleasant Temporium



It's official. I love working in small neighborhood store. I think I went into a little bit of a withdraw when the local woman's clothing shop where I work part time and sell my jewelry, Nana closed it's U street location for a few months with plans to reopen in Mount Pleasant this March. Luckily I've been able to be a part of a really cool project in the new space- The Mount Pleasant Temporium. What is that you ask? Well, it's a temporary, pop-up retailer on Mt. Pleasant St. open for for 24 consecutive days. The project features handmade goods for sale from 34 local, independent crafters and artists (including me!). I'm there 6 days a week managing the store and ringing up sales. And honestly I love being in the shop nearly everyday of the week. It's been such a fun process meeting all the local artists, helping actually set up the shop, and talking to all the excited patrons who stroll in. It's been a tremendous success so far and I've been so lucky to work with such a great team- most especially the Nana team, Mount Pleasant Main Street, and Hello Craft.



If you haven't stopped by yet make sure you drop in before we are gone! We are open everyday until March 13th. I'm even having a special trunk show this Tuesday from 6-7p featuring my entire jewelry collection. You can RSVP and get more details here.

Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment