Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Taking a dive in...



O well hello there friend-

Instead of talking about the normal first blog worries about how I am new to this and I don't know what I am doing (both true facts)...I am going to skip all that and take a dive right in and hope I can keep afloat in this crazy world of blogging. I want a forum, not only to talk about my jewelry designs, but to share all sorts of things floating around in that crazy little head of mine. I hope to keep you tantalized with stories about travel, art, fashion, design, food, and more.

I'll start my first blog post and tell you a little about myself...

Born and raised in Houston, Texas I am the sole girl in my family surrounded by two older brothers and two younger brothers. I planned my escape from Texas at quite a young age and decided to graduate high school a year early and head to the liberal east coast as fast as I could. It's quite fitting that I decided to go to an all women's college, perhaps to get away from my testosterone filled house-hold (hehehe). I truly had the most incredible experience. At Smith College I studied Spanish language and literature as well as Studio art. It's there where I had wonderful opportunities studying in Peru and Barcelona and making the most wonderful friends. At school, I met my now fiance, Christian who went to Amherst College to study Economics. He is the love of my life, my soulmate, and I don't know what I would do without him. After graduation we moved to Chicago for our very first 9 to 5 jobs. Those were the days when I sold insurance to United Methodist churches...and if you knew me you'd know that was the most ill fitting job for me. After two years I finally found a job in the industry I knew I wanted to be in- advertising...only thing was the job was in Boston. So off we went on the second stop on my post college tour- Bean Town. At Hill Holliday I worked as a media planner on Dunkin Donuts and couldn't be more happy to find the industry I knew I was made for. Then Christian went ahead and got himself accepted to one of the best law school in the country. So barely after a year in Boston we made a move down south to DC for Christian to attend Georgetown Law. Christian proposed this May in Paris of all places (seriously how perfect can you get) and we are having a fabulous time planning our wedding and can't wait to tie the knot. So here I am. I'm in my third city after just three and a half years since I left Smith, looking for a new job, and to be honest I should be more scared than I am but I am more excited than ever. I'm finally able to throw myself into my jewelry making and really take the time to find a job that is perfect for me. So here I go...I am starting yet another adventure in another city and I am just going to do all that I know I can do in this situation and just dive right in...

Until next time...

Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment