Monday, July 11, 2011

Astoria Market in Queens Recap



It's been a while since my last post so I'll catch all of you up! For those of you who don't know, I am living in New York City for the summer (eek! so exciting!) My husband got a summer law position here so I decided what better time to come and live in my dream city, where most of my friends already reside. Since arriving, I've been spending most of my time working for the branding company that I've freelanced with for the past 4 years. They are headquartered here so it really worked out perfectly. I've also been trying to fit in a few arts and craft shows here and there and I actually did my first market in the city this past Sunday. After a lovely weekend of celebrating my birthday with friends by galavanting through the city and playing on Fire Island I was all relaxed for The Astoria Market.

I was excited for this market for a few reasons:

1) The market is based out the famous Bohemian Hall & Beer Garden in Astoria, Queens (yes, that's right beer garden....I mean what would go better with arts and crafts, really?)



2) I had never been to Queens...and I had heard many great things about the neighborhood. My friends who live here even gave my hubby and I a short tour and took us out to sample the famous neighborhood cuisine after the show.

3) I had made a lot of new designs I was super psyched to share with people!



4) I could take public transporation there! I was able to pack everything I needed for the show and carry it on the subway- seriously couldn't have been easier.

It turned out to be a really great show and I would definitively do it again. Thanks to all the friends who stopped by- I always love to see a friendly face. I'll be at the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market all day this Saturday so if you missed this show be sure to swing on by. Apparently there are always celebrity sitings and lots of cool treasures to find. Click here for all the information on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment